

Tonight our family had one last chance to show our support for Proposition 8 in California (reinstating that marriage is between a man and a woman). People in our area were asked to meet at the local mall and stand on the street corners to show our support to commuters driving by. It was such an awesome experience for our family. Brent wasn't able to come because of work but I was so proud of our boys standing out in the rain for 1 1/2 hours cheering away! After about 30 minutes the novelty of the whole thing started wearing off but my boys kept going and stuck it out. There were probably about 200 people out waving signs and banners. It was such a powerful experience and I am feel so lucky to be part of it. If you live in California remember to go vote today(and vote YES on Prop 8)! And even if you don't live in California-- go vote!
5 comments:
Yeah...all your efforts paid off. I'm so glad the prop passed! I'm proud of all of you!
Hey, it worked! Nice job! We are happy to see that things like this can pass in California. Gives us hope up here in liberal Washington. (o:
Anissa, that is awesome! I also loved the video of Derek walking, that is priceless.
yay for prop 8! We just made our blog private and want to invite you to view it. Will you email me your email address to babesthomas@hotmail.com. thanks:)
Good to see you blogging again. I posted the pics of Dinner on mine
Post a Comment