So...I got in a car accident. Rear-ended a driver coming home from work on a Friday night. Just didn't see her stop in front of me. Luckily I was on a side street and not going too fast, so we both were not hurt, but my trusty Malibu was totaled. My airbags deployed, it freaked me out and I now need to do a safe driver course to keep the ticket from going on my record. Ah, the joys of driving. I am really thankful though that it didn't turn out worse. We've loved our Malibu - bought it brand new in 2001 and it had nearly 140,000 miles on it. Could have driven it to the ground. The air conditioning was starting to go out though so I'm not sure how much longer I could have driven it, especially here in Houston. But it has been with us a long time and we weren't really prepared to say goodbye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hadn't looked at your blog in ages, so it was fun to catch up on some of your "happenings" Thanks for posting these things.
I hadn't realized your Accord was the same age as our Bonneville. I'm not ready to part with it, either. And, it's got 187,000 miles on it! So far, it's hanging in there for us, though!
I can hardly wait until we get to come visit you and your family!
Love to all!
Post a Comment