We went to Pleasant Hill for the 4th of July because I ran in a 5K. Dallin told me it looked like I was trying to run as slow as I could. But I ran faster than I ever have, with a race time somewhere around 27:30 (still don't know the official results). Anyway, it felt great. And there were a couple of people from my work there which was a nice surprise. Tom McKnight, who just happens to be in Health & Safety and directly across the hall from me at work, won 2nd place in his age group. Good thing I wasn't racing against him! The family came and cheered me on, it was alot of fun.

We stayed after the race for the Pleasant Hill parade. Because we were there early for the race, we had front row seats for the parade. Notice the Texas Flag camping chair?

Marching bands are always a parade essential.

Someone in the parade randomly came and placed a medal around Derek's neck.

That night we went to see fireworks at Suisun City Marina. We popped the back door of the van and camped out inside the van to watch the show. Dallin and Landon became buds...

Here's the fam getting ready for the big event! It was a little chilly so we all had jackets. Good show! The entire time the kids oo'ed and ahh'ed, which was probably almost as entertaining as the actual fireworks.
3 comments:
Congrats on your 5k time, mine is somewhere under 30 thanks to my mother in law pushing me to go faster.
YEAH! Way to go, Brent! I knew you could do it. I'm dying about Dallin's comments. As hilarious as the ipod comment.
Derek is too cute...of course he got a medal!
So glad Dallin & Landon decided to be buds instead of fighting.
And yeah for Braden.....Daddy's little photographer there at the end.
It looks like you're having an absolutely amazing summer! Good for you.
Post a Comment