Saturday, February 2, 2008

Brent and Anissa finally join the blogging world

We've waited long enough. And since we are now beginning a new chapter in our lives by moving to California, this makes for a good time to join the bandwagon and start blogging. We closed on our house 5 days ago and started moving in 4 days ago. It's been a whirlwind - on Christmas day we were still in TX and trying to get our minds around the idea of moving. The next day we got an offer on our home, then we flew to California right after the New Year for a house hunting trip. We found the home we wanted, made an offer, and wallah, here we are. We now live in Fairfield, CA. I now have a 20 minute commute to work. I'm excited and a bit nervous about my new job. It is more responsibility than I've ever had, but I also have a lot of people reassuring me that I will do fine. Time will tell. We went to church last Sunday for the first time with the kids. We all had a really enjoyable experience - everyone here is really friendly. It is hard to leave Texas - we've lived there for the last 6 years and have really enjoyed the South - the friends who have become family to us, the Southern hospitality that is definitely unique, and Texas Pride! We're looking forward to the new adventures in Northern California!

9 comments:

Candy said...

Wow,we're excited to hear more and more about the Crazies. Your blog is now part of my world!

Devin said...

WAHOO!!!! so glad to see you've jumped on the bandwagon!

Katie said...

Way to go!! Let's see some pics! Oh, and the friendship dues are overdue. Just because you moved, doesn't mean you don't have to pay. . .

Rebecca said...

So excited to see you out in the blogging world!
What a fun adventure that lies ahead--we can't wait to be peeping toms into it! :0)

Bart said...

Rock on!

Tam said...

I am so excited you've joined the blogging world. We look forward to keeping up on your posts!

campbell said...

I am so excited for you. This is one of the best things I have done is start a blog. Welcome to the world of blogging.

meleah said...

Yeah!! I love Blogs!! I am so glad that you have one. I love all the pictures!

Delanie said...

Your mom just told me you started a blog so here I am reading all about your new life!

Welcome to the blogging craze.