Sunday, February 24, 2008
I am a Marathoner!
It's commitment time and I have decided to do a marathon! I have wanted to run a marathon for quite some time now. Sometimes I would make excuses about why I wouldn't want to run a marathon because of what it would do to my knees, feet, body, etc. so I would rationalize why I wouldn't ever run that far. But deep down inside, I still really wanted to do it. Then a friend of mine mentioned how her college roomate was going to start training for the Salt Lake City marathon and ever since that day I haven't stopped thinking about it. So, I found a book called "The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer" and it is perfect for me! It is a book that is specifically for people you are not avid runner's and who don't care about fininshing in a specific time. I ordered the book from amazon.com and received it the first week in January. I looked at the training schedule and it was a 16 week program. I looked up the date for the Salt Lake City Marathon-- April 19th -- 16 weeks away and thought, I'm going to try for it and see what happens. Well, I'm now in week 9 and loving it! It has been a great experience thus far and I decided this weekend to commit. One of the things the book tells you to do, is let people know that you are doing a marathon (thus this post) and start telling people, "I am a marathoner". I thought it would be fun to post my thoughts about the trainings each week. The chapter on Week 9 says this is the hardest week for alot of people in the training so we'll see how it goes!! This week I do 4 miles, 7 miles, 4 miles and a long run of 16 miles. Here goes week nine!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
WAY TO GO!!! Wish I could be a marathoner! YOU ROCK!
That is awesome Anissa! Good luck! The slide show of your hike is so fun! California is the best for out door adventures! Hopefully we can come visit soon. If my brother gets married, it will be sooner than I think (o: It will be fun to keep in touch this way!
Rock on Anissa, my marathoner friend!!!!
Not only are you a marathoner, but you are a blogger too!!! Way to go Anissa!!!!
That is so awesome & I'm a tad jealous. I should have hopped on the bandwagon while I had the chance. One day, though...
WOW! Seriously that is awesome. The thought of running that many miles makes my feet hurt, but I'm pumped for you, and glad that it means that you'll come and see us this April!!!!
Anissa I am so proud of you. I just want to do my little 5k run. You go girl!
Way to run! Have you found a running partner in California? I'm betting you'll win someone else over to marathoning sooner than later!
That's awesome, you go girl! I've done a couple of half-marathons and that was enough for me! I loved training, especially living in NorCal, great running weather. Funny how you just moved there right after we moved out!
High 5 Anissa! Cheering you on all the way! Bart and I have talked about doing a 10K and perhaps even a half-marathon, but that's as much as I can even wrap my brain around! I can see why week 9 is a turning point...wow, 16miles after just 8 weeks is quite a challenge! Looking forward to your reports as you continue...
Post a Comment